Re: coordinator for rc2/sid upload needed, ENOTIME

On 2011-03-29 22:39, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-03-24 at 20:31 -0600, Raphael Geissert wrote:
>> So much for "uploading to sid after a week of the rc1". I haven't had enough
>> time to get to the lintian items on my TODO list and it doesn't seem that I
>> will have time soon.
>>
>> It is therefore needed that somebody finishes fixing some of the major
>> issues
>
> So, Niels reckons he's done this bit; yay!  Which leads us to:
>
>> and makes an upload. I would personally just go and upload to sid
>> (but I wouldn't have included non-fixes either.)
>
> The upload itself isn't an issue, other than deciding whether we go for
> experimental again or sid (and therefore a backport for ftp-master).
>
> What I'm not sure about though, if we go for an unstable upload, is
> whether the changes to the list of ftp-master tags were acked by them;
> the RC1 announcement mail draft was CCed to them, but I can't find a
> reply on the list at least - Raphael?
>
> At some point, we'll also need someone with the appropriate fu to update
> lintian.d.o, but that could be done a little later if need be.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Adam

Hey

As you probably have noticed by now, I have uploaded Lintain 2.5.0~rc2
to sid.  I will do a backport in a couple of days (probably Thursday or
Friday) along with sending a mail to the FTP people with the changed tags.
  The last sentence is as much information for you as it is a
self-reminder.  :)

I suspect that ~rc3 will have a fairly short release cycle too, as I
expect a bug/patch from vorlon soonish about some multi-arch stuff.
  For ~rc3 I plan to fix #618587 and the uninitialized variables
mentioned in #621006 (but not the bug itself - as I recall Jakub Wilk
recommended a tag for using substs vars in the Source part of
d/control).  Also, depending on the speed of fourmond and the outcome of
#600829, I might include that as well.

Furthermore, I intend to merge infra-513663 into the master branch and
solve #513663, #120323 (and its merges) plus #217023.  Of the three bugs
the first two are already fixed in the branch and the last is partly
fixed as well.
  At the head of the infra-513663 branch there are no regressions in
tests and it has often been updated by merges from master, so all in all
I suspect the merge will go painlessly.

I have the feeling that quite a few of us are quite busy; so I am going
to wait with merging infra-513663 into master until Tuesday next week.
This should give you the weekend to go review branch one last time if
you have not had time to do so.

I think that should about cover my vision for ~rc3.

~Niels