Re: Unusual characters in filenames in Lintian's testset

[Adding James to the Cc list to avoid having to write essentially the same mail twice]

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:43:41 +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
For Ubuntu, we'd like to be able to import Lintian into bzr.
Unfortunately, at the moment this fails because there are some unusual
characters in testset/filenames/files/:
[...]
 -rw-r--r-- 1 cjwatson cjwatson 14 2004-03-10 02:39 "'\\ "
 -rw-r--r-- 1 cjwatson cjwatson 47 2004-03-10 02:39 "Maelstrom Sound"

bzr doesn't like the "\" character because it breaks checkouts on
Windows. (I'm not sure I agree with this decision, but that's a
separate conversation.)

Would anyone mind if, switching to my Lintian maintenance team hat, I
arranged for these to be created on the fly rather than in revision
control?

I've removed the file in the git repository and verified that HEAD passes a "bzr init && bzr add && bzr commit".

There were two files which were being ignored by the import due to their filename patterns - "testset/diffs/binary.c~" and "testset/diffs/.#binary.c.1.34". I've removed both and added a generated .c~ file to the filenames testset; the net effect is largely zero as we were already testing the CVS conflict file tag in the filenames testset.

Adam