Re: strange results on lintian.debian.org

Gerfried Fuchs <rhonda@deb.at> writes:

>  It might be related to that the package isn't yet built on i386 - does
> it maybe check against the unstable version on i386, _regardless_ its
> version number?

lintian.debian.org runs the checks against whatever is currently available
on i386 using the copy of the i386 mirror on gluck.  However, it gets the
version information from the same place, so I'm also confused as to why it
claims that it just checked 2.0.3-4....

Oh.  The version number listed on that page is the version number of the
source package that it checked.  It doesn't separately list the version of
the binary package, so when the source package and the binary package in
the i386 archive are different versions, you can get results like this.
It will clear up as soon as the package is built on i386.

Please feel free to file a bug against lintian asking that it display in
some way the version number of the binary package if it doesn't match the
version number of the source package in the lintian.debian.org output.