Re: Lintian adaptation to Ubuntu

On Sat, Mar 25, 2006 at 05:20:07PM +0100, Jeremie Corbier wrote:
> Good afternoon,
>
> I am trying to adapt lintian to Ubuntu specific requirements. The only
> modification I made is disabling NMU checks by default. I added -D and
> --debian command-line switches to enable them again (debdiff attached).

You might want to replace the list of distribution targets for Ubuntu
too then, and revert that behaviour when --debian is invoked: #350114

> I have been advised by an Ubuntu developper to make sure that these
> changes will not collide with future lintian developments. If you have
> any recommandations about these modifications I would be glad to follow
> them.

I don't see a problem with --debian at least, -D is of course abit
short, but I have no strong opinion here. In any case, I've just added a
note in the source with the option processing, and we might decide to
add this option (as a no-op in Debian) so that lintian --debian allways
gives the same behaviour, on Ubuntu and on Debian and hopefully any
other derivate.

Other lintian devs opinions? About -D, and about even maybe even adding
it as no-op option?

> This particular issue is tracked on Launchpad bug #36505 [1].

How can I cc messages to that bug?

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar