Store Wikimedia Commons picture of the day and description

Dear debian-legal people,

I develop a software that downloads the daily photo of Wikimedia Commons will set it as wallpaper on a X11 desktop environment. The software does download
and store the picture in a directory.
The image description is stored in a database in the home directory.
In addition, the description link is also saved. This can be called up at any time and information about the author and the license applicable to the photo
can be queried. Is what I'm about to do legal?

I looked it up on the Wikimedia Commons website, but I'm not entirely sure if
I understood everything correctly. I don't want to violate other people's
rights.

My goal is that the software to be included by Debian.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Patrice Coni