Limesurvey in Debian: trademark question

Hi all,

I'm finally having another look at packaging limesurvey for Debian
(http://www.limesurvey.org/).  Licensing mostly looks fine: It is
mostly GPL v2 or later; one bit is PHP, and the rest is LGPL.  (There
is a reference to a problematic license in the license file, but
actually that is outdated.)

The difficult part is the trademark issue.  The website
(http://www.limesurvey.org/en/about-limesurvey/license) reads
(numbering by me):

1.  Trademark License for LimeSurvey™

2.  The name LimeSurvey™ and the logo is a registered trademark of
    Fa. Carsten Schmitz / Germany.

3.  If you are intending to use the name (and/or logo) to advertise
    generic LimeSurvey services (eg LimeSurvey Hosting, LimeSurvey
    Support, LimeSurvey Certification, LimeSurvey Training, LimeSurvey
    Consulting, LimeSurvey Customisation, LimeSurvey Theme design,
    LimeSurvey Integrations, LimeSurvey Installations, etc) or as the
    name of a software package, then you must seek and receive direct
    permission in writing from Carsten Schmitz, in accordance with
    normal trademark restrictions.

4.  Do also not try to use or create similar logo/names resembling the
    LimeSurvey trademark without explicit permission.

5.  There are no restrictions on how you use the name in other
    contexts (for example, if you use LimeSurvey just to provide
    non-commerical courses (non-commercial means also no ads either!)
    then you can use the name freely to refer to it.) If you aren't
    sure of a particular case, please ask Carsten Schmitz: he'll be
    happy to either provide you with official permission in writing or
    help you fix your wording.

I am currently trying to get clarification about paragraph 3; it seems
that the intention is that one cannot use "limesurvey" to describe
software which isn't limesurvey (perfectly reasonable), but that is
not what the wording says, and it seems to contradict the terms of the
GPL; I have suggested that if this is the intention, that they improve
the wording slightly to make this clearer.

The question I then have (assuming that paragraph 3 can be resolved
satisfactorily) is whether I can package the software as-is, or
whether I have to rebrand it or at least remove references to
LimeSurvey because it contains trademarks?  I'm thinking of Firefox
vs. Iceweasel as I write this, and am unsure of what to do.  If it's
going to be an excessive amount of work to make it DFSG-free, it's not
really worth the effort of packaging it, I would guess.

Thanks for any thoughts on this one!

   Julian