Re: custom license (package: bwctl)

Dear list,

On Tue, Feb 07, 2012 at 09:08:40AM +0100, Raoul Borenius wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 04, 2012 at 05:47:45PM +0100, Francesco Poli wrote:
> >
> > I reiterate the recommendation (for Raoul or any other volunteer) to
> > get in touch with upstream and to try and persuade them to switch to a
> > well-known and widely-used Free Software license, such as the 3-clause
> > BSD license: http://www.debian.org/misc/bsd.license
>
> I've contacted upstream, thank you everyone for discussing this!

An update on this one:

Upstream is apparently preparing a new release which will be released under
the apache license.

But as it is unclear how long that will take I would like to get
the current version into Debian anyway. Just to make sure that it will
be included into wheezy.

Would the current custom license permit inclusion into the non-free section?

I've packaged the software and I did not have to make any source code
changes at all, only run ./configure. The package is on mentors if anyone
wants to take a look at it:

http://mentors.debian.net/package/bwctl

Thanks for any help and best regards,

   Raoul