Is the IETF / Debian discussion resolved?

Hi,

I've prepared an update to Debian's doc-rfc package and found an 11 years old
issue[1] whether RFC's can be included in Debians main repo or not. I just
started using the internet around that time...

Do you know, how the discussion went and whether the IETF has somehow changed
its copyright regulations in a way that would allow Debian to consider it
free?

I've found RFC 5377 which says in 4.4: "There is no consensus at this time to
permit the use of text from RFCs in contexts where the right to modify the
text is required." - Is my interpretation correct that this means RFCs can not
be modified and redistributed and thus are not DFSG-free?

(Please CC me in replies.)

Thank you,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro