Re: [hugh.m.bright@gmail.com: fixing openscad license issues with OGL_helper.h]

hello,

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 12:11:45AM +0100, Francesco Poli wrote:
> This looks like really good news!
> Thanks for pointing it out.
>
> I hope the switch won't turn up being too painful...

even better: the OGL_helper that was the base of our OGL_helper is
relicensed without significant changes. i don't think there's anything
wrong with applying the new license to the openscad OGL_helper. (they
added a #include <CGAL/glu.h> line after the qgl.h import, we could pro
forma add that too).

switching to CGAL4 is good neverheless as it gets openscad from contrib
to main, but not required for solving all our licensing issues.

debian-legal, i've got two little questions remaining before i can get
openscad ready for upload:

* what's your opinion on releasing a debian package from the
  upstream tarball as it is (with the old qpl copyright header), stating
  in the debian/copyright file that the file was relicensed and thus,
  everything is ok? i'd go for that because it's less of a hassle; with
  the next release, all of that will be gone.

* one file is LGPL licensed with the following addition:

 In addition, as a special exception, Nokia gives you certain additional
 rights.  These rights are described in the Nokia Qt LGPL Exception
 version 1.1, included in the file LGPL_EXCEPTION.txt in this package.

 but LGPL_EXCEPTION.txt is not shipped. we don't require the exception
 (LGPL2.1 is fine for linking it into a GPL program), but someone
 (ftpmaster) could complain. should i act on it or is it sufficient to
 note the facts and be done with it?

chrysn

  -- Bene Gesserit axiom