Re: GFDL 1.1 or later

2009/3/28 Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@ens-lyon.org>:
> I have a package whose documentation is licensed under GFDL 1.1
> or any later without invariant sections, Front/Back-Cover texts,
> Acknowledgement or Dedication sections.
>
> How should I formulate the copyright file?  Say that Debian ships it
> under the GFDL 1.2 and point to the common-license, or just stay with
> 1.1?
The license's version is 1.1, so I think that you have to point to
that referred version.

I think that, as the copyight holder says "version X or (at your
choice) any later version", you are allowed (by exercising that
choice) to change that X (in this case X == 1.1) for any X' value
equal or higher than the original X (in this case, X' >= 1.1).

I think I read something similar to that it somewhere in the FSF site.
However, I just did a quick search I couldn't find the specific page.
If you do find it, please send the link to the list.

Cheers,