Combining Apache with GPL in one package - Re: libxdoclet-java_1.2.3-2_i386.changes REJECTED

2009/3/27 Florian Grandel <jerico.dev@gmail.com>:
> From what I read, I understood that I cannot re-license something that has
> been Apache 2.0 as GPLv2 or vice versa.
...But you can mix code licensed under the ASLv2 with code licensed
under the GPLv3[0]. (In fact, AFAIC, to improve license compatibility
-in this case, with the ASLv2- was one of the objectives of the
GPLv3.)

> I am not a lawyer, so I probably miss out some important detail.
+1

[0] A Quick Guide to GPLv3: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/quick-guide-gplv3.html