Re: Is the MSR-EULA license free?

2009/6/16 Martin Quinson <martin.quinson@loria.fr>:
> Hello,
>
> I am considering packaging the TLA software suite, which is available
> from
> http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/lamport/tla/tools.html
>
> I am however not sure about the license (in attachement). It seems quite
> non-free to me, but I may be wrong, so I'm asking for your advice on
> this.

The code licensed as the "1)" part of the license is only allowed for
"research, teaching purposes, or internal use", isn't it?

There is also the part "That you will not use the Software in a live
operating environment where it may be relied upon to perform in the
same manner as a commercially released product, or with data that has
not been sufficiently backed up."

It's definitely non-free in my opinion.

Greetings,
Miry