Re: Is "IPA Font license" DFSG-Free?

In message <1243789213.18376.224.camel@tomoyo>, Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes
Le dimanche 31 mai 2009 à 20:52 +0900, Hideki Yamane a écrit :
 I've ITPed IPAfont as otf-ipafont package.

 You can see its license at http://www.opensource.org/licenses/ipafont.html
 Please give me your feedback (Please add CC to me). Thanks.

The only things that looks suspicious are the name change clauses.

For derived works:
       No one may use or include the name of the Licensed Program as a
       program name, font name or file name of the Derived Program.

And for redistribution without modification:
       The Recipient may not change the name of the Licensed Program.

I've read Dmitrjs response, and it seems to me this should be covered by a trademark licence. Explicitly split the copyright and trademark grants, and you'll probably be fine.

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman - anthony@thewolery.demon.co.uk