Re: legal questions regarding machine learning models

On Wed, 27 May 2009 11:37:56 +0200 Steve Langasek wrote:

> On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 10:33:52AM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> > > Disclaimers, of course: IANADD, TINASOTODP (and IANAL, TINLA).
>
> > If you really feel the urge to add meaningless acronyms to all your
> > emails, please do so in your signature.
>
> Better yet:  he should recognize that the reason he needs to add all these
> acronyms is because his posts are an inappropriate use of this mailing list
> and not productive, and stop posting.

You're not new to such impolite replies, and I don't think your
reputation benefits from them.

Anyway, if disagreeing with FTP masters and expressing one's own
opinion (while *explicitly* clarifying that what is expressed is just
one's own opinion, and not necessarily the official Debian position) is
an "inappropriate use of this mailing list", then I suggest that the
list is shut down as soon as possible and that debian-legal@l.d.o is
turned into a forwarder to ftpmaster@d.o ...
That way you have the guarantee that *no* reply from debian-legal@l.d.o
can possibly include heretic and sacrilegious opinions that dare to
disagree with the FTP masters!
I am not sure that the FTP masters would be overly happy to have to
deal with all the questions that are directed to debian-legal@l.d.o,
but one does not have to care about little details like these...

I used to think that the Debian Project cared about Free Software and
maybe even about free speech, but something apparently went
wrong...  :-(

--
 New location for my website! Update your bookmarks!
 http://www.inventati.org/frx