Re: Short copyright notice in script file

"Ken Arromdee" <arromdee@rahul.net> wrote in message [🔎] 20090322071908.98B07BC73@violet.rahul.net">news:[🔎] 20090322071908.98B07BC73@violet.rahul.net...
First sale in the US only applies if the product was made in the US.
Where on Earth did you hear or read that? I've never head such a thing.

http://supreme.justia.com/us/523/135/case.html

Read carefully the sections describing 602(a), particularly page 148.

# copies that are not subject to the first sale doctrine-e. g., copies
# that are lawfully made under the law of another country

Hmm, interesting...

Without scutinizing the code, and reading the entire order I cannot see what exactly is being implied there.

Some of the text appears at a quick glance to imply that giving away a legally owned copy is always allowed unless barred by contractual restircitions, regardless of origin, and it is the right of sale may be lacking in some imported works.

But I only read bits very quickly so I may be completely wrong.

IANAL, IANADD.