Re: DPL's view of debian-legal

Anthony Towns writes:

> -legal is a mailing list; it doesn't have opinions or any authority, and
> hasn't any form of formal delegation or membership, and as a consequence
> has no accountability. It can't be assigned blame for anything, because
> it's not an entity with any responsibility or accountability.

Everything else you say is true, but the fact that one cannot
*defensibly* assign blame to a group has seldom stopped people from
assigning blame to groups before -- even when the viewpoint or action
only represents a minority of the group.  I could draw any number of
examples from world politics; Debian politics are not so different.

Michael Poole