Re: GPL2 vs. GPL3 issue in VDR plug-in packages

Marco d'Itri wrote:
> While explicit licensing terms in every source file are a good idea,
> I think that Debian has always considered acceptable distributing a
> copy of the license along with the code.

That's how we've handled this so far.

Ben, Marco... thanks for discussing this!

To draw a conclusion: We will ask the upstream authors to be more
explicit about the license and include a full license disclaimer. Until
then, we assume "GPL2 and any later" if there's only a COPYING file
containing the GPL2 license text.

Tobias