Re: discussion with the FSF: GPLv3, GFDL, Nexenta

On Sun, Jun 03, 2007 at 12:25:14PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> Additionally, personally I don't think it's unreasonable for people to
> say "if you use my software in a way that I didn't want you to, I'll sue
> you in a court that works by a set of rules that I'm actually
> comfortable with". You know, it makes fighting those who do not follow
> your license the way you intended them to quite a bit easier.

That's a strawman.  The objection raised to choice-of-venue clauses is not
what they specify to happen when the licensee has *infringed* the license,
it's what they specify to happen when the licensee *hasn't* infringed the
license but the copyright holder files a lawsuit against them anyway out of
malice.