Re: Package copyright problems

Jesse van den Kieboom wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As I tried to do an ITP my package
> (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=347934) got rejected
> because the copyrights weren't in order. Now I'm a bit in the open
> because I don't have much experience with having different parts of an
> application having different copyrights etc.

Oh.  In the copyright file, you list each copyright, and each license.
It gets quite long.  It ends up looking like

Copyright A 19xx, 199yy
[License notice 1]

Portions of this software copyright B 19xx, 19yy, copyright C 19zz
These portions are subject to this license:
[License notice 2]

Portions of this software copyright D 19xx, 19yy
These portions are subject to this license:
[License notice 3]

etc.

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden@twcny.rr.com>

Bush admitted to violating FISA and said he was proud of it.
So why isn't he in prison yet?...