Re: Squiz.net Open Source License - is it free?

ajdlinux@gmail.com wrote:
> And they say they support "open source". Just looking at the fact that
> they require notification of modification is non-free, then the poorly
> written clauses, etc.
>
> Software under this license and the 'open source' banner will now be
> implemented by businesses and even the Australian government, when it
> is clearly non-free. I'll email Squiz with these issues and see what
> they say.

You might want to point out that their "open source" license does not satisfy
the Open Source Definition from the Open Source Initiative, and ask them to
please stop calling it "open source" unless they change it.

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden@twcny.rr.com>

"It's just a goddamned piece of paper."
-- President Bush, referring to the US Constitution
http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_7779.shtml