Re: Trademark policy for packages?

Scripsit Simon Josefsson <jas@extundo.com>

> I'm packaging Shishi, a Kerberos implementation, for Debian.  The term
> "Kerberos" is a trademark held by MIT, according to RFC 1510:
> My question is: What is Debian's policy on trademarks for terms used
> in documentation and package descriptions?  Do Debian require that
> certain usages of a trademarked terms is permitted to be included in
> Debian?

Does the use of a trademark word to refer unambiguously to a specific
technical protocol in package descriptions and documentation (that is,
not in marketing materials) even require a trademark license? I know
that it certainly does not in Denmark, but of course that does not say
anything about the rest of the world.

--
Henning Makholm                        "I have seen men with a *fraction* of
                                 your trauma pray to their deity for death's