Re: Is this licence debian-free or "normal"-free?

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006, Carsten Niehaus wrote:
> The important part is
>
>  * Sun grants you ("Licensee") a non-exclusive, royalty free, license to use,
>  * modify and redistribute this software in source and binary code form,
>  * provided that i) this copyright notice and license appear on all copies of
>  * the software; and ii) Licensee does not utilize the software in a manner
>  * which is disparaging to Sun.
>
> I could imagine the "not disparaging SUN" is problematic. Is this licence
> debian-free or at least "normal"-free?

That pretty much contravenes DFSG §6 about as directly as you can get,
so no, it's not DFSG free.

[I should be allowed to use the covered software to claim that the Day
Star is an abomination, and should hurry up and go nova.]

Don Armstrong

--
Do not handicap your children by making their lives easy.
 -- Robert Heinlein _Time Enough For Love_ p251