Re: Moglen's "all good faith"

* Alexander Terekhov:

> I just wonder under what "impure" GPL license terms do you think Moglen
> thinks the Linux kernel is developed currently (note that the context is
> kernel drivers which has nothing to do with Linus' not-really-an-exception
> for user space).
>
> Any thoughts?

Development of proprietary kernel modules is tolerated, see
EXPORT_SYMBOL vs. EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL.  AFAICS, this special exception
to the GPL has never been formalized, but at least overe here the mere
existence of EXPORT_SYMBOL and EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL should sufficiently
document intent (and suing you over a GPL violation if you stick to
EXPORT_SYMBOL would be "venire contra factum proprium").