Re: dual licensing (was: Re: [no subject])

On Sat, Nov 05, 2005 at 06:47:03AM +1100, Andrew Donnellan wrote:
> On 11/5/05, Justin Pryzby <justinpryzby@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> > > Well actually no it doesn't solve the problem as you have to comply
> > > with both licenses when dual-licensing.
> > Thats not what the phrase "dual-licensing" is typically used to mean.
> > For example, a thing released under dual GPL/MIT license means that
> > that thing is released under the GPL and under the MIT license.
> >
> > So if you want, you can use it under the terms of the MIT license.
> >
> > And, if you prefer, you can use it under the terms of the GPL license.
>
> I mean the *developer* must comply with both licenses, eg if you d/l
> under the GPL and MIT, then the developer must still put the written
> offer for source code and meet all the distribution requirements of
> the GPL, but anyone else can choose between the GPL and the MIT
> license.
In opened software, "We are all developers".

In something like the proposed mozilla trilicensing scheme, the
requirements are extremely loose; something to the effect of: "You can
do whatever you want, in any one of 3 different ways"

d/l == download?

--
Clear skies,
Justin