Re: RIPEMD crytographic hash function

On Sunday 23 October 2005 08:38, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> Andreas Rottmann wrote:
> > [CC'ed debian-legal, they can probably give a more detailed and
> > informed analysis of the proposed license]
>
> Done, please forware appropriate information as needed.

[snip license analysis]

RIPEMD-160 is available in many different implementations, and knowing a
thing or two about cryptography, I can probably point you to several
implementations, depending on the license you want to use.

Since it is an algorithm with a publicly available reference, it is possible
to simply reimplement it from scratch, which I am willing to do; see below.

It is included in:
* GnuPG (GPL)
* libtomcrypt (PD[0])
* libcrypto++5.1 (PD)
* libcrypto++5.2c2 (PD)
* libgcrypt (LGPL)
* libcrypto (OpenSSL license)
* libmcrypt (GPL?)
* and many more...

I am even willing to modify the chosen implementation to make it interface
compatible with the one in question, or to write one myself under the MIT
License, with a regression suite, since I should probably do that anyway.

What interface, language, and ABI did you want to use, and can I have some
semblance of the program for which I am doing this?  As for languages, I
can do C, C++, Perl, Python, C# for Mono, and a few others I can't think of
right now.

[0] Do not even *think* about getting into the "Can software be placed in
the public domain?" argument yet again.

--
($_,$a)=split/\t/,join'',map{unpack'u',$_}<DATA>;eval$a;print;__DATA__
M961H<F$@8FAM;"!U<F%O<G-U(#QU<F%O<G-U0&=D:75M<&UC8VUL=G)U;6LN