Re: GPL, yet again. (The kernel is a lot like a shared library)

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 01:20:17PM -0300, Humberto Massa Guimar?es wrote:
> I can't see how can
> programX possibly be a derivative work of libopenssl or of libnvossl.
> Can you please explain it to me, like if I was a four-year-old?

You stole somebody else's work when you wrote programX. Piracy is
wrong. You are destroying the hopes and dreams of an entire industry. [0]

> > Your entire argument is based on the fact that it's nonsense for
> > dynamic linking because replacing one external run-time library with
> > another shouldn't change the copyright status of the program using
> > it. Yes, it's nonsense - but you're the one who introduced it. The
> > introduction of dynamic linking was the mistaken assumption.
>
> Why is the introduction of dynamic linking the mistaken assumption?

This was explained in the part you deleted.

[0] This appears to be the way it is explained to four-year-olds

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |