Re: Linux and GPLv2

Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> writes:

>> > Of course. But myfile.o might have been if perror() were complex
>> > enough to leave any room for expressive choice.
>>
>> Again, irrelevant.  If your implementation puts things in macros,
>> that's your problem.
>
> Uh, what?
>
> If my implementation puts things in macros, and you distribute my
> implementation as part of your binaries as a result, that's *your*
> problem.  I don't even know what you're trying to say here--"you put
> your copyrighted code in a header and I copied it into my object
> file--that's your problem, not mine!" doesn't make any sense at all.

The only reasonable way to use your library (which for this discussion
shall be assumed to have been legally obtained), is to compile
programs using its header files, and link these programs against it.
What did you expect me to do with those headers?  Frame them and hang
them on the wall?

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@inprovide.com