Re: Legal Status of VCG

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005, Brian M. Carlson wrote:

In any event, you will have to provide substantial
evidence if you want it removed. If you are alleging that Georg Sander
is not a copyright holder because VCG is a work for hire, I challenge
you to provide evidence that he was working on the code during work
hours, and did not work on it during personal hours.

This can be easily done, since Georg was officially allowed to dedicate
a substancial amount of his worktime to his project.

Also, using the term "pirated code" is not likely to win you many
friends here. A pirate is defined as the following:

You are right. I appologize for using those words. My intention was to
point out that the code available on the savannah server was illegaly
attached with a GPL license.