Re: Squeak in Debian?

The font issues seem serious, and it is likely that Debian would have
to ship Squeak without the non-free Apple fonts.

> (4) The distributed files squeak.changes and squeak.image, both around
> 10MB, are shipped in binary form. I wonder if there should be source
> code to create them initially. (See DFSG.2, "Source Code")

Those files are source, they're just not saved as ascii text.  They
are SmallTalk source, saved in the preferred format for modification:
the native format of the SmallTalk class browser.

The Squeak VM sources are, I believe, in more traditional C-in-ASCII.

-Brian