Re: POSSIVEL SPAM-- Re: Binary-only firmware covered by the GPL?

Valdis.Kletnieks writes:
> In fact, I was going to suggest that quite possibly, there really *is* no
> other option for source, because the target hardware doesn't have a
> functional enough toolchain...

One uses a cross-compiler or cross-assembler.

> ...so hand-assembly really *is* the most reasonable thing.

If the file was created by hand-assembly then assembler is the preferred
form for modification.
--
John Hasler               You may treat this work as if it
john@dhh.gt.org           were in the public domain.