Re: Debian-installer, older hardware, boot loaders, miboot & amiboot & ..

On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 01:02:33AM +0100, Henning Makholm wrote:
> Yes, of course. My point was, I think, that it may tactically wise to
> mention the reverse-engineering in the initial request. If the code is
> really about 20 years old, it is quite possible that nobody at Apple
> now knows where to start looking for the source, and then it would be
> easier to get a "sure, go ahead and reverse engineer" than a "sure,
> I'll tell an expensive programmer to spend a week trawling through the
> old code heaps for the source your foolish DFSG says that you need".

There's absolutely no point even implying that we need their permission
to reverse engineer anything, and in fact it would probably set a bad
precedent to do so.

Please, let's don't.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      The National Security Agency is
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      working on the Fourth Amendment