Re: DRAFT summary of the OPL; feedback requested

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004, Ken Arromdee wrote:
> The average person who doesn't read lists like these won't know what
> the Dissident Test is, and it's not defined in the DFSG.  If someone
> has to search Google or mailing list archives to understand the
> summary, it's not clear enough.

Like caselaw, it's entirely appropriate to base our decisions on cases
that we've examined before, and the metrics we've used to make those
decisions. Of course, we probably should make an attempt to provide a
cite to the places where the metrics we are using are initialy discussed.

> The best solution is probably to define it somewhere and point to that.  (Maybe
> in the "What Does Free Mean?" page)

It is defined somewhere.

See http://people.debian.org/~bap/dfsg-faq.html question 8.

Don Armstrong

--
Build a fire for a man, an he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on
fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. -- Jules Bean

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://www.anylevel.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu