Re: Debian Legal summary of the X-Oz License

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 09:16:20AM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> OK, good luck with that and let us know how you get on. Ideally, they
> clarify the licence by rewording it. If they publish a clarification
> contradicting the apparant meaning and we accept that (can we?), I
> think we have to ask the same of all other users of the clause,
> including the XFree86 project, which sucks IMO.

They've replied and I've suggested that they reply here directly.
They've also given me permission to pass along our conversation to this
list.  But I'll defer doing that unless they don't post directly here.
I'd rather everyone gets this from directly rather than indirectly.

> It's easy to misunderstand "denying it as DFSG compliant is
> ridiculous".

Yeah I realize the ambiguity now.

--
Ben Reser <ben@reser.org>
http://ben.reser.org

"Conscience is the inner voice which warns us somebody may be looking."
- H.L. Mencken