Re: Debian & the Mozilla Firefox Trademarks

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004, Ben Goodger wrote:
> Does DFSG imply that anyone can modify and use the Firefox artwork
> for any purpose? If so, then we have additional issues.

Yes, in general.

You can require that they indicate that they have modified the
artwork, and you may be able to restrict confusing usage by
trademark, but in order for the artwork to be DFSG Free, people need
to be capable of making derivative works of it for whatever purpose.

Don Armstrong

--
Sentenced to two years hard labor (for sodomy), Oscar Wilde stood
handcuffed in driving rain waiting for transport to prison.  "If this

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu