Re: Cypherpunks anti-License

On Feb 25, 2004, at 16:46, Hubert Chan wrote:

If I wish to delete this paragraph, what is the best way to do this?
Should I say in the copyright file something to the effect of, "the
original hashcash package is released under the CPL, which is available
From ..., but the Debian package is released under a modified CPL"?  Or
"but the Debian package is in the public domain, as allowed by the CPL"?

No, I'd suggest just rewording it to make it clear who is making the promise: upstream.