Re: mysql license update

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 03:25:08PM -0500, Anthony DeRobertis wrote:

> On Jan 29, 2004, at 12:17, Henning Makholm wrote:

> >So it seems. However, beware of works that include php and mysql as
> >well as third-party code with the original un-excepted GPL.

> I could see the following as being a problem:

> 	a) foo.php under PHP 3.0 License using MySQL and a GPL PHP module

> I'm not sure if we have any GPL PHP modules in Debian, and if we do
> checking dependencies isn't that hard. The easiest fix would be for
> foo.php to be licensed under a GPL-compatible license.

What would constitute a "GPL PHP module"?  There are many PHP extensions
(compiled DSOs) in Debian that are based on GPL-compatible code, but
none, AFAIK, that are distributed under the GPL.  (I think this would be
a license violation in its own right, regardless of what MySQL libs, if
any, were used.)

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer