Re: firmware status for eagle-usb-*

* Marco d'Itri <md@Linux.IT> [041026 20:40]:
> >The driver contains code to interact with the firmware in operating the
> >hardware device, just as the program contains code to interact with the
> >library in performing its function.
> No, this is again wrong: a program and the libraries it use are a single
> entity (why do you think it's called linking?) while drivers and devices
> are different entities.

<sarkasm>
Could this perhaps used to get around those nasty problems with non-free
programs and GPL-libraries or vice versa? With dual-processor machines
quite common, we only need to add some code to libc that the library and
the program are always executed on the other one of the processors.

MfG,
        Bernhard R. Link