Re: Open Software License v2.1

Brian Thomas Sniffen writes:

> No, you did that when you invented it and filed for a patent.  It's
> *already* your own proprietary software, and you're going to the
> courts to get that enforced.
>
> Consider a copyright-only case: Alice and Bob each release some
> software under a copyleft, with a clause mentioning that any lawsuit
> claiming copyright infringement on the work or any derivative forfeits
> all right to the original work and any derivative.  Alice and Bob each
> use each other's software extensively, though they don't actually like
> each other much at all.

Which license actually works like this?  The Academic Free License
2.1, Apache License 2.0, IBM Public License 1.0, and others only
address the issue of the program itself is the subject of the lawsuit,
and exclude combinations with other works.

I think we all agree that "If you sue the Original Author for any
patent violation, you lose rights granted by this license" (e.g. RPSL
1.0) is not free, but that's different from either of the above.

Michael Poole