Re: Open Software License v2.1

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 11:36:54PM +0100, Andrew Suffield wrote:

> > > The copyright and patent holder has no need for a license.
> >
> > Bill is not a copyright holder at all in this scenario.
>
> Not a very interesting scenario, then. You can construct a scenario
> where any license seems "reasonable", including a proprietary one. The
> mark of free licenses is that you can't construct any where it's
> unreasonable.

This scenario is constructed to respond to a specific message of Nathanael's,
to argue that 1: for patent defense clauses to be useful, this type of
license loss must occur, and 2: that this behavior is very similar to things
we consider free.

It is not a standalone example to argue that patent defense clauses are free.

Please review the thread.

--
Glenn Maynard