Re: NEW ocaml licence proposal by upstream, will be part of the 3.08.1 release going into sarge.

Brian Thomas Sniffen <bts@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> In any case, a more direct answer is that your original question about
> the difference between grants of permissions and freedoms is
> irrelevant.  I was and am talking about the difference between a grant
> of extra permissions and a compelled grant of extra permissions, and
> objecting to the compulsion as non-free.

No, I really am lost here. Is your argument:

a) compulsion of provision of freedoms (as in the GPL, for instance) is
non-free, or

b) compulsion of provision one set of freedoms to some people and a
different set to others is non-free

If the first is free, I have difficulty in seeing how the second is
non-free (providing, of course, that either set of freedoms in option b
would be free on its own)

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.legal@srcf.ucam.org