derivatives in English law, was: nmap license

On 2004-08-10 21:05:32 +0100 Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org> wrote:

There's a parallel, synonymous term in UK law. Any reasonable court
should accept it as a synonym.

Relying on a reasonable court unless it's really certain might be seen as a lawyerbomb. What is the synonymous term? Given that, I wonder why we get so many English law (I don't know about Scottish or any others) licences using the sublicensing concept instead. Tradition?

Please email about: BT alternative for line rental+DSL;
Education on SMEs+EU FP6; office filing that works fast