Re: Re: Please pass judgement on X-Oz licence: free or nay?

>So, what happened is that we have autoconfig code available to us under
>the XFree86 1.0 (3-clause BSD) licence, which is DFSG-free; this is the
>same code that's currently in the X.Org tree, which appeared to form >the core of Nathaniel's concerns.

That's Nathan*a*el.  :-)

Looks good. I was, like Branden, confused by the silent relicensing by David Dawes in the XFree86 repo in September 2003. :-(

The *other* thing I was concerned about are the code by David Dawes & friends which he committed in the period when he claims that new code was licensed under the 1.1 license despite not changing the license notice in the specific files. That stuff is nearly all trivial, however. I made a list of some sort of some of that at some point, I seem to remember.