Re: RPSL and DFSG-compliance - choice of venue

On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 05:56:16PM -0500, David Nusinow wrote:
> DD's
> have universally agreed to uphold the DFSG, not some additional material that's
> grounded in one interpretation of the DFSG. As a result, I'd bet that many
> would be surprised when a license is declared non-free because of something
> that they did not agree to.

This argument applies equally to every interpretation of the DFSG, and
therefore reduces to "The DFSG cannot be applied to
anything". Reduction ad absurdum, etc; it's wrong.

> I personally don't think that -legal does a good enough job of communicating
> with the rest of the project, and I know I'm not the only one.

Right, there's at least two or three of you running around and trying
to undermine the project. Cut it out. This idiotic attempt to create
discord is not productive; it's somewhere between trolling and
deliberate sabotage.

-legal is a fucking mailing list. It's nonsensical to say it "doesn't
communicate with the rest of the project". Anybody can subscribe and
follow the discussions, and there are public archives. Anybody who is
interested should do so. This is not a cabal or a clique, the project
is not divided into departments, and there is nothing secret about
it. -legal exists because a fair number of people are not interested
and wanted to get the discussions away from other mailing lists. These
people are by definition not interested, and therefore it's stupid to
complain that they weren't informed; they had the choice, and *they*
chose not to.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |