Re: DRAFT: debian-legal summary of the QPL

On 2004-07-13 23:05:17 +0100 Matthew Garrett <mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:

Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> wrote:
It has an "archive all distributed copies until the expiration of copyright" requirement (QPL#6 has no expiration!), which is far more onerous, IMO.
As I said elsewhere, I'm unconvinced by that. At any point you can avoid
this by releasing the code to the general public. [...]

Can 6c be avoided entirely by the simple hack of a momentary general public release? I'll be surprised if that is the conclusion, especially given the annotations at http://www.trolltech.com/licenses/qpl-annotated.html