Re: DRAFT: debian-legal summary of the QPL

Matthew Garrett <mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

>>QPL  just  insists that  the  copyright  holder  can insist  that  the
>>modifier/ person who created a dependent work provide sources of _his_
>>work.  Even  if  the  new   work  is  only  depending  on  the  QPL'ed
>>software. It need not be even a derivative.
>
> Yes, it's different to the GPL. When do its requirements cause actual
> problems?

Well, for a start, if I modify something under the QPL and give you a
copy, I have to keep that modification *forever* in case the original
author asks for a copy.

Second, if I'm working on a project with my friend, then all of these
bits which engage on any distribution *do* become problems: I must
give the original author a copy of the "items" and a license to any
modifications.