Re: debian-legal review of licenses

Scripsit Daniel Quinlan <quinlan@pathname.com>

> What I was saying that if advance approval was the practice,

Advance approval will never happen in any form that I think you'd find
useful. If we "advance approved" something it would mean that we cound
not act if we later discovered a non-free facet of it that we'd missed
originally. We don't want to paint ourselves into a corner that way.

The ability to fix bugs is the crown jewel of software freedom.  This
applies with full force to the bug that consists of accidentally
letting non-free software into Debian: We want to be able to fix it.

--
Henning Makholm                               "... popping pussies into pies
                                                      Wouldn't do in my shop