Re: possible licensing issues with some scsh source files

On Nov 18, 2003, at 05:55, Andrew Suffield wrote:

;;; 2. Users of this software agree to make their best efforts (a) to return ;;; to the T Project at Yale any improvements or extensions that they make, ;;; so that these may be included in future releases; and (b) to inform
;;;    the T Project of noteworthy uses of this software.

Harmless. My best effort consists of waving a gerbil at my workstation
and hoping something along those lines happens.

That's hardly "best efforts"! It's not even "reasonable effort" or even, I'd say, and effort.

 (If this were an
actual requirement, rather than a vague request, it would be a
problem.

"agree to make" sounds quite like a requirement to me.