Re: [fielding@apache.org: Review of proposed Apache License, version 2.0]

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 01:17:23PM -0500, Brian T. Sniffen wrote:
> What's currently there attempts to use the usefulness of Apache to buy
> non-enforcement of software patents elsewhere, which I believe is
> inappropriate for Free Software.

If that's all it did, I'd be fine with it.  However, I don't like the
side-effect of making Apache users defenseless against unrelated
software patent attacks from Apache contributors.

I believe Arnoud Engelfriet mentioned that this clause (#5) has been
removed from the draft.  I havn't checked.  If so, that's good; this
is clearly the most problematic clause.

--
Glenn Maynard