Re: [fielding@apache.org: Review of proposed Apache License, version 2.0]

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 06:02:12AM +0000, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> gain a software patent, you merely have to describe the general method
> by which you could create it. I find it highly unlikely that patent
> lawyers cost appreciably more than software developers)

While I agree with your general point about the bollocks nature of patents
and software licences that try and control them, your reasoning on the cost
of patent attorneys is way out of the ballpark.  Having been involved
(ephemerally) with patent application, I can tell you that patent attorneys
are *incredibly* expensive.  I'd love to be paid 1/4 of what they are for
software development.

- Matt