Re: Jimi (Java lib) as a Debian package, is it legal?

Many thanks for the precise informations!

So We got to go with our own implementation! :'(

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 13:54:37 -0500
Anthony DeRobertis <asd@suespammers.org> wrote:

> On Nov 14, 2003, at 06:22, Jacob Emcken wrote:
[...]
> non-transferable, so you can't transfer that right to others, like
> Debian or its mirrors. DSFG 1, at least.
[...]
> I don't think Debian wants to indemnify sun. Other than that, "for
> development of Java(TM)..." violates DFSG 6.
[...]
> If applicable, DFSG 3, 2 and 1.
[...]
> non-transferable, again.
[...]
> unmodified -> DFSG 3
[...]
> DFSG 3, DFSG 6, etc.
[...]
> Debian certainly won't commit to this.
[...]
> DFSG 3.
[...]
> DFSG 3, among others.
[...]
> Ah, so it has GIF problems, too, and we're responsible for them....
> Nice...

Well, for the gif problem... I suppose we'll never be able to support
that?

Best regards,

--
  .''`. Arnaud Vandyck